Make the Most of Your Visit
To protect the works of art and our visitors, the following policies apply when you visit LuCAC.
Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Saturday 10 am – 5 pm | Sunday 12 pm to 4 pm | Lusaka Public Holidays 12 pm – 4 pm
Holiday Closures: The Art Centre is closed on New Year’s Day.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Lusaka Contemporary Art Centre. As part of our mission, LuCAC is committed to offering the best possible environment for our visitors while ensuring the preservation of our Art Centres’ collection for the enjoyment of generations to come.
To achieve this, we require your cooperation with the following Visitor Guidelines. Please note the LuCAC reserves the right to require that any visitor not following the guidelines or instructions of staff and security or acting in an unacceptable or inappropriate manner leave the premises.
- All children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children cannot be carried in backpack carriers, on the shoulders, or on the back.
- Possession of weapons of any kind is prohibited in the center.
- LuCAC provides a complimentary check room for the following items not allowed in the galleries:
- Backpacks and large bags larger than 12″ x 16″. This includes luggage, larger backpacks, shopping bags, and larger purses
- Selfie-sticks, tripods, monopods, and photography lighting equipment
We reserve the right to not allow any bag or item in the galleries and to deal with unattended objects as we consider appropriate.
All bags, parcels, and strollers may be subject to inspection.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in the center. Food and beverages must be fully concealed or stored at the designated area near the Front Desk.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes and vaping devices, is not allowed in the center.
- Non-flash photography is allowed except where otherwise noted. Selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, and photography lighting equipment are not permitted.
- Please observe the gray lines on the floor and do not extend hands, feet, or cameras beyond the lines. Paintings and other works are fragile and can be easily damaged.
- Help us conserve the solitude of the center. We encourage discussions of the artwork with your family and friends, but please be respectful to others reflecting on the painting. Conversations on cell phones, and yelling in the center are not permitted.
- Running and other physical activity that may cause injury or damage to the artwork, is not permitted.
- LuCAC has a zero-tolerance policy for abusive, obscene, discriminatory distracting behaviors. Language/disruptive behaviors or attire that could detract from the experience of others is not permitted.
- We reserve the right to deny entry to any person.
OTHER IMPORTANT VISITOR INFORMATION
Mobility Devices and Strollers
Electric scooters, wheelchairs, or other mobility aids are welcome. Strollers are welcome in LuCAC. Wagons or other carriages that are pulled from the front are not allowed.
Photography and video are allowed without a flash unless otherwise noted.
LuCAC does have public restrooms. Please reach out to the administrative staff
Service animals are welcome. Pets and emotional support animals are not allowed inside the Center.
We document many of our programs and visitor experiences. While visiting LuCAC, you may be photographed or filmed by a center staff member. The footage may be used in promotional materials, including advertisements, brochures, social media, and on our website.